As we enter the season of gratitude and giving, we pay tribute to piano teachers from around the country who are transforming the lives of their students. Students, parents, and colleagues are honoring piano teachers from their communities as part of the “Power of a Piano Teacher” campaign. We welcome you to celebrate your own teacher by sharing a tribute with us and donating to the Frances Clark Center.
We extend our deepest gratitude for your incredible support on #GivingTuesday!
Together, we’ve accomplished something truly remarkable. Thanks to your generosity, we exceeded our $10,000 goal, including a matching gift of $5,000, in support of The Frances Clark Center’s mission to empower teachers, inspire students, and enrich communities through music education.
Your donations will have a substantial impact, and we are immensely grateful for your contribution. Your belief in our cause propels us forward in our efforts to make a difference.
Even though #GivingTuesday has concluded, there is still an opportunity to donate. While this day holds immense significance, it is just one moment within our broader Annual Fund initiative.
Help us continue this vital work by contributing today:
We deeply appreciate your ongoing support and dedication to music and piano education. Together, we’re creating meaningful change and shaping brighter futures through the power of music.
In 2023, the Frances Clark Center established the Marvin Blickenstaff Institute for Teaching Excellence in honor of his legacy as a pedagogue. This division of The Frances Clark Center encompasses inclusive teaching programs, teacher education, courses, performance, advocacy, publications, research, and resources that support excellence in piano teaching and learning. To learn more about the Institute, please visit this page.
We extend a heartfelt invitation to join us in commemorating Marvin Blickenstaff’s remarkable contributions by making a donation in his honor. Your generous contribution will help us continue his inspiring work and uphold the standards of excellence in piano teaching and learning for generations to come. To make a meaningful contribution, please visit our donation page today. Thank you for being a part of this legacy.
MORE ON THE POWER OF A PIANO TEACHER
- DISCOVERY PAGE: From Massachusetts to Hawaii | Honoring Our Teachers
- DISCOVERY PAGE: Reflections on My Piano Teacher | Honoring Fern Davidson by Marvin Blickenstaff
- DISCOVERY PAGE: Every Student Has a Voice the World Needs to Hear | Honoring Carole Ann Kriewaldt by Leah Claiborne
- DISCOVERY PAGE: From Financial Officer to Piano Teacher | Honoring Sandra Preysz and Lenora Brown by Heather Smith
- DISCOVERY PAGE: Hats Off to You, George! | Honoring George Litterst
- DISCOVERY PAGE: An Inspirational Force of Nature | Honoring Michelle Conda by Andrea McAlister
- DISCOVERY PAGE: An Inspiring Legacy of Excellence and Advocacy | Honoring Claudette Sorel by Tony Caramia
- DISCOVERY PAGE: The Fundamental Responsibility of Piano Teachers | Honoring Crystal Lee by Curtis Pavey
- DISCOVERY PAGE: Have at It, Kid! | Honoring Ed Turley by Rebecca Mergen Pennington
Not yet a subscriber? Join for only $7.99/mo or $36/yr.
Dr. Jennifer Snow is an internationally recognized executive, artist, educator, and thought leader. She leads all divisions of the Frances Clark Center: Piano Magazine, NCKP: The Piano Conference, New School for Music Study, Piano Education Press, International Teacher Education, Piano Inspires, and Piano Stories on Stage concert series. Passionate about the transformative power of the arts, Jennifer is dedicated to serving and advancing the mission of the Center.
Heather Smith maintains a multi-faceted career as an educator, administrator, music examiner, and community arts advocate. She is the co-creator of The Frances Clark Center’s online course, A Pianist’s Guide to Studio Management. Heather holds advanced degrees in music and business and enjoys supporting communities through music fundraising initiatives.