Unsung Heroes in Piano Pedagogy: 20 Pieces by Black Composers to Use in Your Studio Now is a fully online course exploring classical piano music by Black composers from elementary to early advanced levels. This course is designed to help remedy the lack of inclusion of piano music by Black composers in the standard teaching repertoire, and the music heard on the public concert stage. For each piece discussed, both the musical and technical challenges, and unique pedagogical benefits are highlighted.
About the Course
- Organized in 10 clearly defined sessions
- Designed to be completed at your own pace
- Full course completion time is approximately 10 hours
- Gain understanding of solo piano music by nine different Black composers
- Discover new pedagogical repertoire from elementary to early advanced levels
- Gain appreciation for each composer’s musical language
- Comprehend historical and bibliographic articles for further understanding of the music
- Equip teachers with skills needed to teach these pieces
- And more!
Course leader: Dr. Leah Claiborne. Senior Editor: Craig Sale.
Course contributors: Dr. Leah Claiborne, Dr. Lia Jensen-Abbott, Dr. Artina McCain.
Did you know? Piano Inspires subscribers receive 20% off all full-length course purchases! Email email@example.com for discount code.
Already enrolled in this course? Click here to log in as a student!