Hidden Gems: Four Centuries of Piano Music by Women Composers
9 SESSIONS 10 HOURS
ABOUT THE COURSE
Hidden Gems: Four Centuries of Piano Music by Women Composers is an online course designed to shed light on a fraction of the large breadth of works by talented women composers spanning four centuries. Sessions feature selected piano works at varying levels of difficulty (elementary to early advanced), surveyed from a pedagogical and performance perspective.
- Organized in 9 clearly defined sessions covering works by 22 composers
- Features teaching demonstration videos, performances, readings, reflection activities, and more
- Progress at your own pace
- Easily return to completed sessions for later review
- Full-course completion time is approximately 10 hours
COMPOSERS AND WORKS DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
- Magdalena Dakkert – Minuet (Level 1) and Bourrée (Level 2)
- Maria Teresa Agnesi – Sonata in F Major (Level 6)
- Hélène de Montgeroult – Etude No. 19 (Level 7)
- Sophia Dussek – Piano Sonata in A Major (Level 10)
- Amy Beach – Sliding on the Ice Op. 119, No. 1 (Level 5)
- Fanny Hensel – Melodie, Op. 4, No. 2 (Level 9)
- 20th and 21st Centuries
- Karalyn Schubring – Fiddle Tune (Level 4)
- Lili Boulanger – Trois Morceaux No. 1 (Level 10)
- And much more!
Course Co-Leaders: Dr. Annie Jeng, Dr. Susan Yang, Evan Hines, Dr. Brendan Jacklin, Dr. Clare Longendyke, and Ashlee Young.
Senior Editor: Craig Sale.
Did you know? Piano Inspires subscribers receive 20% off all full-length course purchases! Email email@example.com for discount code.
Already enrolled in this course? Click here to log in as a student!