About the Course
Foundational Piano Pedagogy (Self-Guided) is intended for both experienced teachers and those who are just beginning their teaching careers. Designed to introduce the essential philosophies of education that form the foundations of successful teaching, the course includes video content, readings, quizzes, and reflection activities.
- Organized in 5 clearly defined modules
- Progress at your own pace in a prescribed order
- Easily return to completed sessions for later review
- Full course completion time is approximately 10 hours
- Basic principles of teaching as put forth by Frances Clark
- The importance of conceptual preparation
- Concept preparation techniques
- Theories on how children learn
- Understanding motivation
- Best practices in communicating praise and feedback
- Establishing effective communication with parents
- Essential considerations when determining your curriculum for beginning students
- Effective lesson planning
- And much more!
Course leader: Craig Sale. Special content created by Sara Ernst, Andrea McAlister, Pamela Pike, and Craig Sale. Curated content by Cathy Albergo, Marvin Blickenstaff, Mary Bloom, Joyce Cameron, Frances Clark, Richard Chronister, Sara Ernst, Edwin Gordon, Gayle Kowalchyk, Andrea McAlister, Elvina Pearce, Pamela Pike, Craig Sale, Suzanne Schons, Arlene Steffen, Yu-Jane Yang.
Did you know? Piano Inspires subscribers receive 20% off all full-length course purchases! Email email@example.com for discount code.
Already enrolled in this course? Click here to log in as a student!