Celebrating 25 years
In-Person Conference July 26-29 | Online Event June 9-11
NCKP 2023: The Piano Conference
Share. Engage. Inspire.
Call for Teaching Demonstration Videos
NCKP 2023 seeks to highlight excellence in teaching practice and music learning, and calls for submissions of piano lesson videos for the plenary teaching demonstrations. All piano educators, emerging professionals, and students are welcome to submit videos, including those from independent studios, college settings, community music schools, and nonprofit educational organizations.
Ideal demonstration videos highlight student learning, especially the acquisition of new skills and/or the exploration of a specific concept. Videos can include private lessons or group classes, online or face-to-face teaching, and any level of student (beginner to advanced). Submissions must be no more than ten minutes, and in one of the following formats:
- Continuous segment from one lesson/class.
- Multiple segments from one lesson/class.
- Series of segments spanning several weeks.
Please review these video guidelines prior to the creation and submission of your teaching video. Online lesson videos are most effective when the recording includes both student and teacher throughout (i.e. gallery or grid view).
Teaching Video Submission Requirements
- Student age(s) and level(s).
- Lesson format: private or group, online or face-to-face.
- Video, provided as a link to a shared file on Google Drive or to an unlisted YouTube video. Please ensure the video is viewable by anyone with the link.
- Total length of the video (maximum 10 minutes).
- A synopsis of this video, describing the student(s), any relevant prior work, and/or the current lesson with this student (150 words).
- List of any music used in this video, including piece title, composer, book title, and publisher.
- Exact name and short bio (35-50 words) of teacher(s) as would appear in the program.
- List of current positions and institutional affiliations of teacher(s), if applicable.
- Digital photo(s) of presenter(s) suitable for the program. Color headshot of each teacher preferred; 300dpi.
The deadline to submit teaching videos is Monday, April 10, 2023, at 11:59PM PDT.
Teaching Video Policies and Procedures
- Prior to video submission, proposers must communicate with all co-presenters regarding their interest and availability.
- Proposers must submit their own work and may not submit videos on behalf of their students or others.
- For selected videos, NCKP will require formal student or parent/guardian consent for use of the video.
- For full consideration, videos must adhere to these video guidelines.
- Videos selected for use at the conference may be edited to maximize use of time and to increase the quality of the audio or image.
- All persons whose work is selected are expected to register for and attend the NCKP 2023: The Piano Conference. An application for student scholarships and colleague grants is available on the registration page.
- All persons who submit proposals will be notified of final program decisions by May 31, 2023.
- Presenting at NCKP is a volunteer activity and NCKP does not offer any compensation or reimbursement for expenses of any kind incurred in connection with presenting NCKP.
- NCKP gives equal consideration for proposals without regard to the presenter’s race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, military status, veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Having trouble with our form? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.